and open star cluster NGC 1342
~ ~ April 14th,
- The two links below are CCD images of Comet Hale-Bopp and open
star cluster NGC 1342.
- These pictures were taken on 4/14/97 using Kopernik's SBIG ST-6 CCD
camera and a 80mm F/6.15 VERNONscope APO refractor.
- Two differing versions of digital processing reveal details in the
tail, or the full extent of the tail. Processing also brings out the cluster.
(Click here) to see page #1.(Click
here) to see page #2.
These are the
technical details on the image:
- CCD Image with ST-6 Camera
- thru 80mm F/6.15 VERNONscope APO Refractor
- Width: 01d 17' 04" Height: 00d 58'
- Scale: 14.45 arc-secs/pixel
- North Angle: 123.21
- RA: 03h 32m 18.4s Dec: +36d 55' 47"
is an Open Star Cluster in the Constellation Perseus
- Dreyer (NGC catalog) Description:
- Cluster,Very Large, About 60 stars
- Deep Sky Field Guide to Uranometria 2000 Description:
- Moderately rich in stars;
- moderate brightness range; no central concentration;
- Magnitude: 6.7
- RA: 03h 31m 36.0s Dec: +37d 20' 01"
- Size (arc mins) 14.0
Click here to return to the
Hale-Bopp Photo Collection List
here to return to the Kopernik Space Images Page
George Normandin, KAS